So a bright light at the end of my very long, emotional tunnel known as divorce. There is no win/win in this situation, but to finally know there is an end to the roller coaster provides mental closure.
As for emotional closure, not sure that will ever go away. Mostly because of the affect this has had on my children and to their lives as well as to my own. But I have come to terms with it, and am trying to embrace it.
The holidays definitely bring a new level of emotions I wasn't quite ready for, but knowing they are there I deal with it. My focus is my kids, my job and my home. I'll get to where the focus is me at some point, but that is my game plan for now.
I look at how far I've come over the last year and for those of you out there, there is life after divorce.
No comments:
Post a Comment